Monday, November 20, 2017

Neighsayer 1.0

Sometimes I get asked for a pattern for a horse. Here is my first attempt. I'm thinking that maybe it looks more like a pony. That would make sense because Buddy has grown past his puppy and dog stages and moved into his pony stage. A lap pony.

This block is based on a .75 inch finished grid so the block finishes at 11.25 by 15 inches.

Usually I use the same grid throughout a pattern, but I could change up the grid in some areas like the section for the legs. The legs are cut from two inch strips, but if they were cut from 1.5 inch strips, the horse could have legs to prance with.

I could also fill out its body more.

And by adding some flip triangles, I could smooth out some of the blockiness. At this point though, the horse is an illusion of photoshop and in reality, the block looks like the pony in the first photo.

6 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Well, the last pony may be a photoshop illusion but I do like him, the triangles and slimmer legs make him look great!

Cathy said...

Wow, your horse has such great potential. I really like your fourth Photoshopped pic. And you chose great fabric, too!

Barbara said...

As a child, I once drew a horse with udders. Something to think about.

Julierose said...

Love the 4th one, too--great job on this pony/horse ;))) hugs, Julierose

Raewyn said...

I love him - great design and great photoshopping :-)

gayle said...

Buddy must be excited!