Friday, October 27, 2017

Disappearing Stars

I originally fell in love with this pattern after seeing it on Cathy's blog Crazy by Design. She calls it Friendship Star Variation, but I am renaming it Disappearing Star. I cut 36 sets of star blocks to make a 36 inch square quilt using 6X6 star blocks. I have finished sewing them all and I am missing nine blocks!

Okay, we know that three went astray into a different pattern, but this means 6 must have exploded and disappeared into the night.

Here are the star parts to finally finish those last nine exploded stars.

Meanwhile, if you are following the traveling adventures of Barbara of Cat Patches, you may have seen her deny that cats are an invasive species. Despite her denial, I can assure you they are. This afternoon, Molly got up on the kitchen counter to invade the kitchen cupboard. She got into the cupboard and knocked her cat treats to the floor, where her dog Buddy promptly ripped open the bag and chowed down. (I caught Buddy the dog in action, but the invasive cat was nonchalantly sitting on a window ledge in the sewing room.)

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Blasphemy!

gayle said...

I'm in love with those stars, too. Even more now, after seeing yours. Apparently I will soon start another quilt...
Cats' best trick is convincing people that they're not an invasive species!

Cathy said...

Cats are invasive to our hearts, for sure. The rest, well, I’ll sit this one out. However, your nonchalant supervisor may be responsible for those stars going nova. Just sayin’.

Mystic Quilter said...

Could your little helper have helped herself to the missing stars?

Needled Mom said...

I really like this design.

QuiltGranma said...

perhaps kitty hid your missing blocks, or distributed them to the floor for doggie to shred?

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sally,
I know you have this quilt top together now . . . but am wondering if you ever found those missing blocks? Odd. And I love both dogs and cats - I have to follow you know just to keep up with antics of Molly and poor Buddy. ~smile~ Roseanne