Monday, April 24, 2017

Spiderweb milestone

I am moving ahead on the spiderweb quilt. To help me move forward, I cut all the turquoise wedges and yellow strips I would need to finish the quilt. And over the last few days I have enjoyed happy, bright foundation piecing.

And I have now made all the triangles I will need. The pile at the bottom of the photo need to be trimmed. The triangles in the top row far left are trimmed but still have their paper. Next to that pile are the triangles with the paper removed, and to the right are the squares made from eight triangles.

For all that sewing, it doesn't appear I made much of a dent into the pile of strip bits.

And yes, Molly is looking pretty smug. She wondered how I concluded that I only needed 25 blocks to make the vintage butterfly quilt. According to her estimates, I need 64 vintage butterfly blocks and so with only 20 finished, I have not even made a third of the blocks needed. I'm quite used to her always being right.

And for No Reply Bloggers interested in the vintage butterfly pattern, Molly suggests visiting Cathy's Sane, Crazy and Crumby Quilting which features her version and the inspiration quilt, plus a link to Nostalgia Cafe for the pattern.

9 comments:

Cary.wisnosky@gmail.com said...

I really like the vintage butterfly block do you have a pattern link?
Such cute kitties...

Cherie in St Louis said...

Good thing you have Molly to keep you straight;-)

Julie in GA said...

Your spiderweb quilt is going to be gorgeous!

Amy said...

That aqua with yellow! I need to make one like yours. It won't be in the cards for this year, but maybe next? Thanks for sharing.

Needled Mom said...

That is gorgeous!

Sue SA said...

Love your spider web and butterfly blocks. I really hate it when you spend what seems like hours sewing with strings to only discover the box is still full. I swear my string box is the Tardis!

Cathy said...

Cats are mathematicians, silly girl! Among their numerous other talents, of course. LOOOOVE those spiderwebs!!

gayle said...

Molly saves the day once again. Silly you, thinking the quilt was almost done!
I love your spiderwebs sooo much! (Huh. Why would autocorrect change spiderwebs to soundstage?)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The spiderweb is great! And a math cat!! I want one of those! ha ha