Sunday, February 12, 2017

Slow and Fast

I really liked the 16 patch rainbow quilt that Cathy at  Crazy at Design made. I had lots of 2.5 inch squares in rainbow colors cut for another project, so I stole some of them to make this baby quilt (40 by 40 inches). And so I'm linking to Oh Scrap, so you can leap over there if you would like to see other scrappy projects.

I also appliqued the mini hexagon units to their patchwork block for the Stonefields quilt by Susan Smith.

There were two of them. These were my little bits of slow stitching and so I am linking to Kathy's Slow Sewing Sunday.   Walk over to enjoy other wonderful hand sewing projects.

8 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Those mini hexis are crazy! And so stinking adorable. Thanks for sharing that lovely scrap quilt top with Oh Scrap! That one is on my list too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a cheerful baby quilt!!

Cathy said...

Wow! I love your patchwork baby quilt! And the colors are perfectly neutral and ready for spring. The hexies are cute too as long as they stay in your workroom, not mine, LOL.

Frances Meredith said...

Yes, even I am thinking those hexagons are tiny.

Julierose said...

Love that baby quilt--so bright and fresh looking--great use of colors hugs, Julierose

Sue SA said...

Lovely new projects, especially like the colours in the Stonefields quilt. The 16 patch looks very effective.

Cathy said...

I love all those fabrics you used in those Stonefield blocks. I'm getting such a vintage vibe. Those tiny fussy cut hexies are adorable. I rarely use that word. So you will have to take my word for it.

And everyone is entitled to a quickie now and then.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness those are adorable! Love the fussy cutting you did!