Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Baby Quilt progress

Last year I started to make stars for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge, but was sidetracked along the way. Then I saw the Friendship Star Variation at Cathy's Crazy by Design. So I added the triangles to the outer borders...and got something else entirely...because my stars were different. Oh well. I will make another stab at hers another time. In the meantime, this top is ready to be layered and quilted and then sent to my sister to join her baby donation quilts.

This is another donation baby quilt that I finished binding today. The tutorial for making a quilt like this can be found at Kitchen Table Quilting.

7 comments:

gayle said...

Yeah, I've been ogling Cathy's friendship stars variation, too. And now I'm ogling your friendship stars variation variation...

Frances Meredith said...

Sidetracked? You surprise me.

claudia said...

I love your version of the Friendship Stars blocks. There's going to be a baby who is wrapped up all nice and warm and colorful somewhere!
The second one is great too. I have a couple of those prints that are in there!

Cathy said...

Squirrel!! A quilter getting sidetracked? Say it ain't so!
I love your FStarVar too. Definitely original and easy on the eyes! Both baby quilts are awesome!

Cathy said...

Well, I like the Friendship Star variation you ended up with. I especially like the colors you used.

Does your sis have a blog? And where does she donate her baby quilts?

Sheila said...

Two beautiful patterns. Love those prints. The Friendship Star turned out to be an excellent block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Sue SA said...

Two great quilts, love the stars idea especially as I am sure I have some lurking in my RSC pile as well! Thanks for sharing.