Sunday, July 31, 2016

Dear Jane Block D13 and K2

Here is Dear Jane block D13 or Field of Dreams. The variety of blocks in the Dear Jane quilt is amazing. I think we can classify this on the easy side. Oh, and that shadow of a rectangle in the middle is the block label showing through. I write the block number and name on freezer paper and then iron it to the back. Not a perfect system, but enough for me to keep the blocks in order.

This is Dear Jane block K2 or Grandpa's Chickens. I noticed this block as I was flipping through the book and it called to me. I used strip piecing for this using the usual three strip sets for nine patches. I then made four nine patches that I sewed together. Although I was tempted to make strip sets with six strips, I was worried that ironing would turn this into an ocean wave block.  



4 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

How many have you done now? You seem to be quietly getting through them.

gayle said...

Grandpa's Chickens sure don't look like chickens to me. I think Grandpa needs new glasses...

Q9patch72 said...

Molly, I love you; but I really like your friend Buddy to. I will bring him to my house if you like. I do like the mini charm; I'm starting to make my own; my other designs are always welcome. I spy's are on the bucket list, just starting that search. Have great dreams chasing mice; and be nice to Buddy, your faithful friend.

Q9patch72 said...

Meow Molly. You look very beautiful this morning. Just wanted to let you know that the oranges and teals are speaking to me; from your pick of fabrics today. They are requesting that they come home with me. You see, I have some squares that they want to play with. How is your friend Buddy today? I will leave you for now, but I will be back to check on you.