Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Dear Jane F10

Here is Dear Jane F10 or Potholder. For this block, I combined machine piecing with English paper piecing. Like applique, I enjoy the final sewing part of EPP, but not the preparation. That said, I prefer the precision I get from EPP compared to the...ahem...folk art quality to my applique. For this block, I machine pieced the outer three strip sections and the corner diamond pieces. This left me with the equivalent of a nine-patch to sew together by hand where EPP is quite friendly to the odd angles.

Meanwhile, Typhoon would like you to know that he has decided to adopt me and to become a professional lap cat. Molly would like you to know that she is officially changing his name to Buddy Fuddyduddy and she liked him better when he bit unsuspecting children.

4 comments:

gayle said...

Well, I'm glad Buddy is giving up his Lapcat amateur standing and going professional. His hard work will really pay off!

Angela said...

Poor Typhoon is just misunderstood and Molly just needs to find the joys of laps.

Frances Meredith said...

This block is looking great. I have done this one and it is the only one so far which I think needs to be redone.

Cathy said...

I love your block! Those are great colors. ;-) Alfalfa and Darla would like to welcome Buddy to the World of Laps. Molly, of course, has so many other responsibilities. But when those slow down, she too will enjoy being a fuddy-duddy.