Saturday, March 19, 2016

Purple bunnies

I started making bunnies for last year's Rainbow Scrappy Challenge and have decided to continue with them this year. I am also making a plaid bunnies quilt as a separate project and it is much further along. That said, bunnies do have a way of taking over. I suggest you hop over to the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge and see what other scrappy mischief is being made with purple.

Here is Molly trying to get her beauty sleep. This is her nook behind the design wall. I had to get up on a chair to take this picture.

Gayle at Mangofeet suggested I put sharks on the design wall to protect my blocks from Molly. I suspect that once Molly has had her nap, even the sharks will be pulled to the floor and may even receive a few teeth marks for good measure.

16 comments:

Angie said...

I love how the purple bunnies look like they've been swimming in Easter egg dye! I hope Molly doesn't hurt the sharks too much.

Pamela Arbour said...

I LOVE, LOVE your bunnies! They are adorable

Nell's Quilts said...

What fun you must have had selecting the fabric combinations for those adorable purple bunnies. Those sharks look vicious enough to keep me from the design wall but will Molly stay away?

Anonymous said...

Your bunnies are soo cute!!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hope the shark plan works -- I especially like the top right-hand corner bunny.

Cathy said...

Sharks, bunnies, kittens, oh my! Looks like Molly’s beauty rest is working! Love those bunnies!!

Sue SA said...

I never tire of seeing your bunnies! The sharks are a good idea, but I think those kittens are fearless!

Karen said...

Your bunnies are perfect for Easter peeps. Love the purples.

Cathy said...

Sweet bunnies. I've found it was easier for me to chain piece them than do them one at a time.

I'm always totally amazed at how you can just whip out new creatures.

gayle said...

Your sharks are cracking me up! I love them! (They're the happiest looking sharks I've ever seen, btw.)
I adore your purple bunnies. I can't pick a favorite...

PaulaB quilts said...

Karen mentioned Peeps. How about making purple Peeps for Easter? Or maybe,they are already in the stores. It's going to be war between Molly and the Sharks. Do keep us posted.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The purple bunnies are adorable! But the sharks crack me up! Curious to know how the kitty reacted!

Mystic Quilter said...

The purple bunnies are real sweeties as is Mollie looking very relaxed all snuggled up there!

scraphappy said...

Bunnie are coming along nicely. Those sharks look ferocious! I'd be scared to mess with them!

Quilter Kathy said...

I can send you some real sharks teeth if you want to put them on these fabric sharks to make them look more ferocious!

LA Paylor said...

stop! That innocent little kitten is being maligned!
Leeanna