Monday, March 28, 2016

Plaid bunny quilt top

Finally! The plaid bunnies are assembled into a quilt top without a border. I did end up surrounding each bunny with its own background color and then assembling those blocks. I should also acknowledge my helpers...who were no help at all. Molly is a big fan of burrowing and now she is a big fan of burrowing into a quilt top while I am trying to sew it. I took this photo by chucking a ball down the hallway and then closing the sewing room door behind the cats as they ran out. Typhoon and Molly still have enough kitten in them to fall for that trick.

The quilt top without borders is 67 by 78 inches...much larger than I intended. I do want borders though so I'm going to have to give that some thought.

6 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Lots of bunnies. Even if you do add a border, he bunnies will probably burrow out.

Vicki W said...

Plaid carrot border? I might have to make some bunnies of my own.

gayle said...

If I ever get tired of making piglets (as if!), plaid bunnies are next. I love love love your March of the Hares.

Cathy said...

Haha - I’m not sure cats ever outgrow that trick. If they do, perhaps some catnip would help. March of the Hares is awesome! I love each and every bunny. The carrot border sounds cute - even if the carrots are just interspersed here and there..... make the bunnies hunt for something for a change.....

PaulaB quilts said...

The plaid bunnies look really great, especially with the extra spacing in front and back. A splendid array indeed! They triumphed over the cats after all.

Cathy said...

Love it!