Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter bunny parade

Today seemed the perfect day to layout the plaid bunnies and maybe even sew them into a quilt top. The first task was to take off extra stripping or add it so that each bunny had a strip in front and on top. Next task was to clear enough floor for a design floor, because I have given up on the design wall for now.

Of course, I had lots of help. I was surprised to see how cat toys made their way under the blocks, until they were discovered and attacked. And needless to say, the bunny blocks also served perfectly as a race track and a wrestling mat.

Once the bunnies were laid out, I did change my mind and decided that each bunny needed a strip in the back as well. They will also have another strip between the bunnies' feet and the top strip...but I don't know if that will be a single long strip or scrappy...like I showed several posts ago. Sigh. 

Typhoon favors scrappy neutrals.

9 comments:

Lynne Stucke said...

I'm with Typhoon -- scrappy neutrals! I really love your bunnies!

gayle said...

Yeah, I think the kitty knows what he's talking about. Definitely scrappy neutrals.
(I don't blame your helpers for wanting to roll around with the plaid bunnies. If I was there, I'd be rolling right along with them...)

Turid said...

Unbelievable, so many bunnies. I love them all.

Charlene S said...

Such a cute bunny parade! Mine stopped at one. There will be more since we all know how bunnies are.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love your PBs. When I put a quilt on the rug to photograph it, I invariably get two, sometimes, three, dogs on it.

Cathy said...

How did you manage to get a picture of all the bunnies sans cats? I love the layout and agree with Typhoon about the scrappy neutrals. Sounds like you, too, had a quiet Easter sewing with cats. :-)

Debra said...

No doubt you have so many bunnies... they must multiply when you and the cats aren't looking. After all their genes look to be the same - plaid. :-) Nice bunch of bunnies.

Vicki W said...

I love the marching bunnies!

Mystic Quilter said...

A super shot of all the bunnies here and of course all supervised by Typhoon!