Sunday, March 6, 2016

Dear Jane L7, J7, seahorses, and log cabin

With kittens running wild in the sewing room, I guess we can all expect a bit of mayhem.  In this case, the pieced seahorses from yesterday must have gotten mixed up with the Dear Jane blocks to produce this Dear Jane Alternate Universe block.

However, Dear Jane blocks L7 or Town Square and J7 or Chicken Tracks were made intentionally following along with the random block drawings on Fabadashery. However, because these blocks use such small bits of foreground print, I used small hunks I had gotten in a Kaffe scrap bag.

I also made this log cabin block using leftover bits from the Dear Jane blocks. I don't typically keep one inch strips, but they are a common scrap from Dear Jane.  I figure I can stick this with the Alternative Universe blocks. For more scrappy wonders, don't forget to visit Oh Scrap!

And here are all four blocks laid out on my design wall until Molly comes to clear them off.

8 comments:

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Ha! Molly is just telling Jane to lighten up and let some sea horses hang with her for a while. Great progress on your Dear Jane!

Cathy said...

I LOVE those eyes on your A.U. Dancing Seahorses. BTW, I noticed that Alfie and Darla hit the road if they’re in the studio with me and I get out the Best Press to spray a block. I guess it reminds them of what happens (water squirt) if they jump up on the kitchen counter.

Cathy said...

The eyes have it!
Alternate Universe always reminds me of Superman comics. I wasn't a fan but my brothers, who came from Bizarro World to join our family, sure were. I wasn't taking your AU quilt seriously but now I see you have made quite a few AU blocks so it must be real (and fun).

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love your choices for your alternate blocks. I have a feeling I will be needing to add a few to my Splendid Sampler. Thanks for sharing all your pretty blocks with Oh Scrap!

Frances Meredith said...

Enjoying your alternative universe ...

gayle said...

All your universes have pretty blocks in them!
(Maybe Molly is training you in Speed Photography?)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The seahorses are so cool!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Enjoyed looking through your last few posts to see all your projects! Such pretty fabric and a fun variety of blocks. I have never owned a cat, but I definitely enjoy others' cat stories, especially quilters!