Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Date with the Seam Ripper

One of the benefits of a blog is that sometimes you see things after you take the photo and edit and then wonder to yourself what the... And in this case, I realized that I constructed all of the new dark patch blocks wrong.  They should have four nine patches, not five like the light blocks. Sigh.

And here's Daytona enjoying a new toy from the cat toy store...I mean, craft store. Another favorite toy is a shoe with a couple of water bottle caps inside. Fun! But really, at this age, everything is a favorite toy. For a few seconds, anyway.


6 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh my!! Why don't you just save them for another piece that's the opposite (enabling again!!) instead of ripping? Me no likey rippit, rippit!! LOL hugs Julierose

Vicki W said...

Daytona doesn't seem to be hampered at all with only one eye. He looks like a very happy kitty. The staff, on the other hand, doesn't seem happy at all.

maryl said...

I'd make the fewer old ones match the new ones if it were me...I like the lighter look anyway. Just me.

gayle said...

Everything is a cat toy if you look at it properly...
I agree that it's much easier to spot an error in a picture. I've caught a couple of doozies that way. Now if only they'd shout out *before* they reach the ripping stage.

Mystic Quilter said...

Thank goodness for seam rippers! Oh poor old Daytona - he is a sweetie.

Barbara said...

Oy. I did that just recently...discovered a glaring error, but didn't see it until I posted the picture. How is that even possible? Can you use those blocks on your quilt back? I'm usually too lazy to make extra blocks for my backs, but, hey, if I'm going to have to remake them...why not make new ones?