Thursday, March 12, 2015

Quilt backings

I forgot to show the backing to the fish quilt. This backing fabric took a very long hot bath following Vicki W.'s tips for bleeding fabric.

And I thought the origami cranes might like to have cranes on the back. That backing had TWO long hot baths because it bled so much. When I layered the crane quilt, I thought I would be frugal and use an old polyester batting that I have had for ages. However, that batting has been fighting me every step of the way so I think I will be better off going back and using a new, thin cotton batting.

4 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh goodness!!! Those are FANTASTIC backings!!!

Sue SA said...

Great work finding matching backings, such a pity that they both bled colour. I have become a bit ruthless with wadding, decided its cheaper than fabric (well here in Australia it is) and therefore I chuck out any that misbehaves - I had some wool blend last year that "bled" after I quilted the quilt....very disappointing.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them both! That fish backing is fabulous more though.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh super backings!