Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I added a few more vintage spin blocks (see Cathy Doughty's Adding Layers) to the design wall. I have decided to wait until the end to add the centers because I don't yet know which blocks will make the cut. I'm just grabbing fabric I like and then finding it a friend. I must have been in a dark orange mood because most of the new blocks have a very somber feeling.
But here is true progress...neatly filed fabrics (1 yard or more). If you are wondering what this looked like before, just imagine these piles stacked on the floor. Now let your imagination remove the piles.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Would you tell me: How do you fold your fabrics and what lengths do you mostly purchase? I need to have my fabrics more visible--they are now stashed in bins and this is not working as I FORGET what I have and don't have thanks Julieros

Vicki W said...

That's an impressive stash! I bet that's not all of it either.....

Mystic Quilter said...

Yes, I bet there re more fabrics in stash than shown in this post! Vintage spin looking good!

Cathy said...

Ok. Love the Vintage Spins. I haven't tried more yet because I'm putting off the new method of making centers I said I would try. And...I thought I had a lot of stash but I think you have me beat by miles (thank goodness)...mine is still in piles and boxes and I rarely buy more than 1/2 yard of any one fabric.