Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Here's my first adventure with paper piecing. As part of my quilt guild's chapter, we are teaching each other various techniques. We are given color and size specifications and then have the assignment to make a block using the technique and specifications. The teacher of the technique gets the block.

I do appreciate the precision that paper piecing provides. And I did eventually get into the rhythm of this process. I suspect I will like it more when I make more than a single block at a time and can chain piece the blocks. I have been wanting to make a spider web quilt and think I should begin it while the process is stored under current events.

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

What a lovely blue block - great range of blues. I shall look forward to your spider web!

Julierose said...

This is so lovely--cool blues...hugs, Julierose

Vicki W said...

A pineapple block quilt is on my one day list too.