Friday, August 8, 2014

You may remember this cat from Mystic Quilter's blog post. When I saw it my heart almost stopped. Kaffe Fassett's red paper fans are a rare find and treasure.
Tommy begrudgingly decided to help me lure the cat over from New Zealand to the U.S.

And well, you may have heard the phrase "There is more than one way to skin a cat." I'm not sure exactly how I did it, but my approach yielded a half yard with the selvedges attached. How weird is that?

Oh...breaking news...Tommy says that Rowan/Westminster has reissued the red paper fans fabric and I needlessly skinned a cat. Oh dear. Apparently you can order the fabric here.  So do that instead.

And in other news...I finally finished this quilt top.


1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on finishing your top, stunning - now you have to quilt it!!
Just seen this post and spotted the red fan cat, a very well travelled cat indeed, and you now have your hands on a half yard of the fabric - I am about to order!