Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Today is usually the first day that hummingbirds arrive to this area. However, we are having lots of wind and rain and are expecting freezing temperatures overnight. So instead of hummingbirds, these six cranes flew into the sewing room. They are all right wing cranes and are already fighting with the left wing cranes.
I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a torrential downpour. I figured that I would be reseeding pea pods and lettuce later in the week (after the two nights of freezing temperatures). But oddly, the seedlings were fine. Even the bleeding heart came through unfazed. Once the wind and rain die down a bit, I'll go out and get everything covered.

1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

I have tried and tried to grow bleeding hearts in my garden but no luck whatsoever, and I love them! So disappointing.